California Legal Document Assistant Surety Bond
A legal document assistant is an individual providing self-help service, for compensation, to individuals who are representing themselves in a legal matter. The State of California requires a 2 year Legal Document Assistant Surety Bond, or LDA bond, in the following amounts to ensure that the Legal Document Assistant will not cause financial harm to their client.
$25,000 Legal Document Assistant Bond - for 1-4 LDA's
- INSTANT ISSUE , No Credit Report Required
- The 2 year bond costs $300 - thats all. No hidden fees ever!
- Print a copy of your bond immediately & receive a copy of your bond via email!
$50,000 Legal Document Assistant Bond - for 5-9 LDA's
- Requires Credit report of business owner(s)
$100,000 Legal Document Assistant Bond for 10 or more LDA's
- Requires credit report of business owner(s) and business financial statement review.
For additional requirements please reference California Business and Professions Code Div 3, Ch 5.5, Article 2, § 6405
Don't overpay, get your 25,000 California Legal Document Assistant Surety Bond for $300 today!
What is a LDA Bond?
As with any surety bond, the CA Legal Document Assistant Bond is a guarantee that the licensed LDA will comply with the laws as laid out in the California Business and Professions Code § 6400, 6402 & 6408. If the LDA fails to comply and causes financial harm to their client(s), the surety bond is there to provide financial remuneration through the bond claim process. The LDA bond must be filed in the county where they prepare and file legal documents. The bond must be in the name the LDA is applying to become licensed and will run for a term of 2 years as required by the state. For additional information regarding licensing process or filing requirements, please be sure to check out CALDA, a non profit organization that "promotes growth, development, and recognition of the Legal Document Assistants’ profession as an integral partner in the delivery of legal services."
What do I need to become a Legal Document Assistant in the State of California?
In order to be considered as a Legal Document Assistant, the registrant must appear in person at the County Clerks Office and meet the following requirements:
- Possess a valid, government-issued picture identification (established by a birth certificate, such as a driver’s license or passport).
- Present a CA Legal Document Assistant bond for a term of two (2) years, with a valid commencement date and expiration date.
- Registrant must meet the education and experience requirements as listed on the application for Legal Document Assistant and provide supporting educational documentation as required in Business and Professions Code § 6400, 6402 & 6408.
We also offer other required bonds that you may need in the performance of your LDA duties:
Buy your your California Legal Document Assistant Surety Bond today.
Simply complete our online application, pay for your bond and you will be able to print out a copy of your bond in less than 2 minutes. California requires an original signed and notarized bond to be submitted with your license, so if you are in need of your CA LDA Bond in a hurry, be sure to request overnight shipping for an additional $35. Our special bond rate of $300 for the 2 year term is the lowest available! Buy a California Legal Document Assistant Surety Bond today.
Be sure to read our Ultimate Guide to California Legal Document Assistant Bonds and Requirements for information about the Legal Document licensing process.
A1SuretyBonds.com is a proud supporting member of California Association of Legal Document Assistants.