California Immigration Consultants License Surety Bond
Who is required to post a California Immigration Consultant Bond?
The California Immigration Consultant bond is a Commercial Surety Bond that is required as part of the licensing for individuals or businesses who engages in the business or acts in the capacity of an immigration consultant when that person gives nonlegal assistance or advice on an immigration matter. That assistance or advice includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- -Completing a form provided by a federal or state agency but not advising a person as to their answers on those forms.
- -Translating a person's answers to questions posed in those forms.
- Securing for a person supporting documents, such as birth certificates, which may be necessary to complete those forms.
- -Submitting completed forms on a person's behalf and at their request to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- -Making referrals to persons who could undertake legal representation activities for a person in an immigration matter.
- -"Immigration matter" means any proceeding, filing, or action affecting the immigration or citizenship status of any person which arises under immigration and naturalization law, executive order or presidential proclamation, or action of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the United States Department of State, or the United States Department of Labor.
It is unlawful for any person who for compensation, other than persons authorized to practice law or authorized by federal law to represent persons before the Board of Immigration Appeals or the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, to engage in the business, advertise or act in the capacity of an immigration consultant within the State of California without being properly licensed to do so.
What is a California Immigration Consultant Surety Bond?
In order to protect the citizens of the State of California from issues of non compliance with Chapter 19.5 (commencing with Section 22440), of Division 8 of the Business and Professions Code of the State of California, a surety bond must be posted in order to secure the license of an Immigration Consultant. As of July 1, 2014 individuals or businesses acting in the capacity of an Immigration Consultant in the State of California must post and maintain with the Secretary of State an Immigration Consultants License Surety Bond in the amount of $100,000.00.
What does a California Immigration Consultant bond cost?
The base rate for an Immigration Consultant Bond is approximately 2% of the required bond amount for qualifying accounts. Factors such as personal credit and experience of the applicant will determine eligibility. Do you have credit issues? Don’t worry our Bad Credit Surety Bond Program lets you get the bond you need even though you may not qualify through standard surety companies! Let the underwriters at A1SuretyBonds provide your required bond at the lowest possible rate!
We work fast so you can stay focused on your business. - Satisfaction Guaranteed!