Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bond
Why do I need an Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bond?
If you do not have acceptable evidence of ownership for your Motor Vehicle, Motor Home, Motorcycle, Trailer or other titled property, you have the ability to provide the State of Florida with a Certificate of Title Surety Bond in order to get a new title so you can register your vehicle. The Bond amount must be 2 times the amount of the value of the vehicle as established by the FL Department of Motor Vehicles. You should contact your local DMV office to verify if they will accept a bond for your certain title issue.
You may need a Florida Certificate of title bond if:
- The original title was lost, stolen misplaced or destroyed.
- You bought a vehicle but failed to receive a title and can no longer secure one from the seller.
- You purchased a vehicle that is older and doesn't have a title.
- You have a custom-built vehicle
Florida does not accept Certificate of Title bonds for
- Mobile Homes
- Vessels (boats)
- Off Highway Vehicles
- Recreational Vehicles
- Vehicles with a model year more than 29 years as of January 1st of the current year
- Vehicles with a model year 2011 or newer
- Vehicles Titled Out of State
- Vehicles Having A national Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) record
- Vehicle with a security interest, lien or encumbrance on the title or title record
- Vehicle when a security interest, lien or encumbrance is to be added to the title
- Trucks weighing 8,000 pounds or more (net weight)
Bonded titles cannot be issued as the result of inheritance, gift, divorce, transfer between a married couple, even trade or trade down, or any transaction other than defined under Vehicles Eligible for a Bonded Title. For additional information on if your situation will allow you to utilize a Certificate of Title bond, please contact your tag office or refer to Procedure TL-70
What do I need to get my Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bond?
The application is very simple and straightforward, you will need the following information to complete it:
- Your name and Home Address
- Vehicle Year, Make and Model
- Vehicle Vin # or Serial #
- Kelly Blue Book or NADA value of the vehicle (bond amount must be 2X that amount)
- A valid credit or debit card to pay for your bond
Low Bond rates for Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bonds
Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bonds are 1.5% of the required bond amount (minimum cost of $100) for applicants with good credit. Don't worry though, bonds up to $30,000.00 are instant issue and do not require a credit check! Get your Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bond today!
Bonds premiums are fully earned upon issuance of the bond, please visit our Terms & Conditions page for details