Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bond
Why do I need an Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bond?
If you do not have acceptable evidence of ownership for your Motor Vehicle, Motor Home, Motorcycle, Trailer or other titled property, you have the ability to provide the State of Florida with a Certificate of Title Surety Bond in order to get a new title so you can register your vehicle. The Bond amount must be 2 times the amount of the value of the vehicle as established by the FL Department of Motor Vehicles. You should contact your local DMV office to verify if they will accept a bond for your certain title issue.
You may need a Florida Certificate of title bond if:
- The original title was lost, stolen misplaced or destroyed.
- You bought a vehicle but failed to receive a title and can no longer secure one from the seller.
- You purchased a vehicle that is older and doesn't have a title.
- You have a custom-built vehicle.
- Exception - Florida does not accept Certificate of Title bonds for Mobile Homes, Vessels (boats), Off Road Vehicles or vehicles older than 2010 manufacture year.
What do I need to get my Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bond?
The application is very simple and straightforward, you will need the following information to complete it:
- Your name and Home Address
- Vehicle Year, Make and Model
- Vehicle Vin # or Serial #
- Kelly Blue Book or NADA value of the vehicle (bond amount must be 2X that amount)
- A valid credit or debit card to pay for your bond
Low Bond rates for Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bonds
Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bonds are 1.5% of the required bond amount (minimum cost of $100) for applicants with good credit. Don't worry though, bonds up to $30,000.00 are instant issue and do not require a credit check! Get your Florida Certificate of Title Surety Bond today!