Colorado Supervised Lender License Surety Bond
A Colorado supervised lender’s license is required of all businesses actively engaged in the business of providing supervised loans. A supervised loan is a consumer loan with an annual percentage rate greater than 12% per year, or for an adjustable rate loan, has a maximum cap that could exceed 12% per year. Consumer loans include both secured and unsecured consumer loans; deferred deposit loans (also known as payday loans, post-dated check cashing, and/or deferred deposit lending); small installment loans; credit cards; consumer insurance premium financing; and the real estate secured loans described below. A license is needed if you regularly:
- 1. make supervised loans,
- 2. collect supervised loans the lender previously made, service, take assignment of, or purchase supervised loans and collect or enforce rights arising from them
- 3. engage in deferred deposit loans, offer these loans, or act as an agent for a third party making these loans (even if the loans are approved by a third party and that third party is exempt from licensing), in addition to the above activities.
The surety bond amount is adjusted June 1 each year based on the total Colorado loan volume for the prior calendar year. The amounts required (for each location) are:
|Annual Colorado Loan Volume
||Surety Bond Amount Required
|$0 - $500,000
|Over $500,000 - $1 Million
|Over $1 Million
A minimum Supervised Lender License Surety Bond of $25,000.00 is required for each licensed location with a maximum cap of $250,000 for all licensed locations.
Get started now! Follow the link below to apply for your Colorado Supervised Lender License Surety Bond and let our expert staff get the bond you need at the lowest possible price!
We work fast so you can stay focused on your business - Satisfaction Guaranteed!
Need help with your Colorado Supervised Lender License Surety Bond??
- Call us and let our staff walk you through the process - 800-737-4880
- [EMAIL US] and request one of our staff to call you.